- Client:- Aetna
- Agency:- Ogilvy New York
- Role:- Technical Lead / Builder
- Client:- Dignity Health
- Agency:- Eleven Inc
- Role:- Developer
Awards / Nominations:-
- IPA Health Awards: Best Of Show Consumer
- IPA Health Awards: Gold Digital Media
- One Show Awards: Interactive Silver Pencil User Experience Design – Mobile / Utility
- Webby Awards: Education & Reference (Handheld Devices) – People’s Choice Award
- Creative Review Annual: Best In Book
- CLIO Healthcare Awards: Grand CLIO Award
- E-Learning Awards: Silver Award – Best E-Learning Project – Not-for-profit Sector
- E-Learning Awards: Gold Award – Best Use Of Mobile Learning
- E-Learning Awards: Gold Award – Excellence In The Production Of Learning Content – Not-for-profit Sector
- E-Learning Awards: Gold Award – Excellence In The Production Of Learning Content – Public Sector
- E-Learning Awards: Gold Award – Best Learning Game, Simulation or Virtual Environment
- The Lovie Awards: People’s Lovie Award For Best Use Of Interactive Video
- The Lovie Awards: Gold Winner For Best Use Of Interactive Video
- FWA: Site Of The Month
- FWA: Site Of The Day
- FWA: Mobile Of The Day
- Client:- Resuscitation Council UK
- Agency:- None
- Role:- Developer
I haven’t really posted anything in a while because I’ve been working since June-ish as Tech Lead on a mammoth mobile project. It has kept me incredibly busy, but also has been a fantastic learning experience so far. I can’t mention the client yet, so for now I will refer to it as Project Blackbeard.
This is the first in a series of posts about a tool I am midway through writing to allow what the client sees as a copydeck to be converted into an xml file needed to make the copy appear in an app/website.
Part 1 focuses on the problem, and the convoluted process I forced myself into when solving it.
Part 2 will focus on the actual development of the final solution up to its present state.
Part 3 will focus on features that I hope to add in the future if I am blessed with more free time.
I just got a new Macbook Pro, and while clearing out my hard disk I found a filters demo I did when working on Philips Cinema: Parallel Lines. I’ve cleaned it up a bit and added some buttons.
The bottom row of filters are the ones that I used in my drawing tool in Matteo’s Secret. The middle four on the top are interesting. I think the performance is pretty good.
View it here.
I was doing a code test recently where I was asked to write an html 5 gallery. It led me to reach a couple of conclusions:-
- HTML5 video is a lovely idea but from a practical implementation standpoint is stupid and useless because of the ridiculous browser requirements.
- The canvas 2d context API is woefully underpowered.
Today I will be ranting about and playing with the second idea. We’ll start with introducing the CanvasPixelArray. We’ll apply a grey filter to an image, then we’ll move on to writing a simple convolution method.