After battling with myself for a few months over iPad vs [Insert Android Tablet], I decided to get myself a Motorola Xoom. It is now rooted and ready to go. Let’s see what silly things I do with it. Just need to finish this damn Fruitshoot project to give myself some free time…
I’ve ‘officially’ left unit9, but I couldn’t leave the last project half finished so I’m still pretty busy tying up loose ends. In my downtime I got interested in some visual trickery, so I spent an hour doing a little vectory clock thing. Click the image above to show it.
Press space to show/hide the background.
The left/right arrow keys move the clock by 1px to mess with the alignment on the background.
Hold shift to move 10px at a time.
Make sure to click the canvas to make sure the flash has focus or the keys won’t work.
I’ve been playing with the drawing API for flash for a long time now, but I’ve not really looked into drawing using the HTML5 canvas tag. So i decided to take a gander at the W3C Canvas 2D context spec.
It seems like a bit of a pain to draw over time with canvas, or just doing vector drawing in general.
Working on a style editor in as3 for the Google Maps V3 API.
At the moment you can pick an element and edit all the options available. It generates a style for that element with every property defined.
Things to do:
- Add switches so properties can be turned on or off so that not all elements are defined in the code.
- Make the mechanism for removing styles easier instead of the ugly dropdown.
- Generate style code and copy to clipboard.
My friend Tom told me about Minecraft after we went flying today. We went back to his flat after and played it. Oh my, it’s fun! I have no idea why, but it is. Needless to say I bought it straight away. How much of my life will I now lose?
- Client:- Fruitshoot
- Agency:- BBH
- Role:- Tech Lead
For BBH London, unit9 have crafted an interactive website for kids to learn, play and share comments in a fun and engaging way.
Kids are given the chance to master cool skills such as beat-boxing, cup stacking and skateboarding in this engaging microsite for Fruit Shoot. Master four addictive flash games (accuracy, movement, balance and rhythm) and view the latest comments to get the lowdown on the word on the digital playground.
Awards / Nominations:-
- Cannes Lions: Silver Cyber Lion (Animation, Craft)
- Shortlisted at SXSW Interactive Awards 2011 – Film / TV Category
- New York Festival Awards: Bronze World Medal (Art Direction, Art, Technique & Technology)
- Davey Awards: Gold Award (Interactive Multimedia)
- Davey Awards: Gold Award (Online Film and Video – Interactive Video)
- New Media Film Festival: SRC-Socially Responsible Content
- Creativity International Awards: Silver (Web Games & Entertainment)
- Webby – Winner, Health Category
- Site Of The Day (SOTD) Award for 2nd February 2010
- Client:- Inpes, French Ministry of Health
- Agency:- DDB Paris
- Role:- Developer
- Client:- Glenfiddich Whiskey
- Agency:- Ruby London
- Role:- Senior Developer
Glenfiddich throws open its distillery doors and invites visitors to explore their warehouse. Can you find the 3 hidden secrets of what makes the finest whisky? There’s all sorts of tasty prizes up for grabs. For Ruby London.